The purpose of Bible study is to be challenged and encouraged by studying and applying God’s Word to our everyday lives. Here’s a practical approach to apply Scripture to life:
- Verse: Write out the verse or passage.
- Truth: Use your own words to state the truth of the verse.
- Need: Honestly assess your own life in relation to the truth of Scripture. What area of need does God’s Word expose in your life?
- Intent: State a specific change you want to implement in your area of need. Keep the action simple.
- Checkup: State how you will accomplish the goal you have set. You may want to put a reminder on your calendar or share your application with a trusted friend who will hold you accountable.
Let God use this tool in your life; this is not a self effort project. Have confidence that God is conforming you to Christ’s image and He will complete what He has started.