Focus your prayer time by taking a prayer walk. Pray together with a group or individually. This prayer walking tool was designed for college campuses. Do a prayer walk on a campus near you, or adapt it to pray in your own town, neighborhood, workplace, or school.
3 Steps to a Prayer Walk
Ask God to Reveal
Praise—sing or listen to a few songs with your team that help you praise God. Ask God what He’s already doing in this place. Do some listening prayer, asking God questions and writing down anything you hear or feel.
- Lord, what are YOU praying for this place?
- Who are you moving in here right now?
- What are the barriers to your work here?
Ask God to Renew
- Pray for renewal of your own faith. Pray for God to move deeply in your own heart. Ask Him to renew your own faith of what He can do and what He wants to do on campus.
- Pray opposites. Did God reveal any barriers to you when you asked Him to reveal insights? Pray that the opposite would happen for each barrier.
- Pray over historic or symbolic spots. Are there any historical spots that may need prayer? Go to those places and pray for them. Pray that God would renew those places.
Ask God for Revival
- Pray and listen. Ask God to show you what revival would look like on this campus. Write down anything you see or feel.
- Pray for Christians. Pray that Christians already in this place would be bold, have faith, and be courageous. If there are any Christian groups or churches, pray this for them as well.
- Pray for people in power. Pray for professors, administrators, student government, and other leaders on campus.
- Take a step of faith. Ask God to lead you to particular people on campus. Talk with them and ask them if you can pray for them on the spot.