“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33 (ESV)
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” -Matthew 5:14-16 (ESV)
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” -Romans 15:13 (ESV)
Here are a few ideas on how to be a light in your sphere of influence:
- Start and end your day reading the Word of God.
- Memorize God’s promises.
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Love your neighbor.
- Pray for people in your life.
- Pray for the world. Pray for our leaders.
- Pray for people who are oppressed.
- Share God’s love with others.
- Give to those in need.
- Get involved in meeting a need.
- Show acts of kindness.
- Encourage those who are discouraged.
- Give the gift of love, peace, gentleness, patience, grace, kindness.
Add to this list and share God’s love with those who need the Good News!
Share This Discipleship Tool
Download a print friendly PDF of the How To Shine a Light Resource to pass along. Navigator Discipleship Tools are designed for sharing with your Bible study, church group, and those you are discipling.