If you are 70½ or older and have a traditional IRA, you are eligible to give a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) directly from your IRA. Please note, the age for QCDs may be different than your age for Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs).
Benefits of an IRA Rollover Gift
- Rollover up to $100,000
- Your gift isn’t subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts (30% – 60% of AGI)
How to make an IRA Rollover Gift
- Contact your IRA custodian and let them know you want to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA. The gift needs to be made payable to The Navigators.
- Have your custodian mail the check to: The Navigators, PO Box 50500, Colorado Springs, CO 80949
- Please contact us to notify us of the gift, as some IRA custodians do not always tell us who the gift is from.
- Please let us AND your custodian know if you wish for your gift to be designated for a specific purpose or Navigator staff. Many custodians send a check without any indication of who or what it should go to.
- We will send you an acknowledgment that we have received your gift within 2-3 weeks after receiving it.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-888-283-0157. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.