Giving from your IRA can have many advantages over simply giving cash. If you are 70½ or older and have a traditional IRA, you are eligible to give directly from your IRA!
Benefits of an IRA Rollover Gift
- Rollover up to $100,000
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Your gift isn’t subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts (30% – 60% of AGI)
How to make an IRA Rollover Gift
- Contact your IRA custodian and let them know you want to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA. The gift needs to be made payable to The Navigators.
- Have your custodian mail the check to:
Attn: Gift Planning Team
3820 North 30th Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80934
- Please contact us to notify us of the gift, as some IRA custodians do not always tell us who the gift is from.
- Please let us AND your custodian know if you wish for your gift to be designated for a specific purpose or Navigator staff. Many custodians send a check without any indication of who or what it should go to.
- We will send you an acknowledgment that we have received your gift within 2-3 weeks after receiving it.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-888-283-0157. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.