Spirit West Coast
Spirit West Coast 2012 Summer Missions Programs
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMS:
The Navigators holds Summer Missions Programs in conjunction with SPIRIT WEST COAST, to help set up and run the largest, contemporary Christian music festivals in California. Maybe you can lend your heart and other muscles to help serve at one of these cutting-edge events this summer.
Some of the benefits are:
- Developing Christ-like character in you
- Providing opportunities to gain leadership skills
- Learning from gifted spiritual leaders
- Training in evangelism, so that you can share the Gospel with those who respond to the many "altar calls" (decision times)
- Read the amazing account of what happened at SWC Del Mar 2005 after a gripping testimony from Joseph Rojas, lead singer for Seventh Day Slumber.
- live on the edge of faith
- learn to be intimate with Jesus
- experience the values of teamwork and accomplishment
- assist people (from all walks of life) in their decisions to follow Christ
- practice disciplines of the Christian life, including personal and group Bible study
The Navigator SWC Missions Programs are open to ANYONE 18-35 years of age, including COLLEGIATES, working SINGLES, married COUPLES and Active Duty MILITARY nationwide. Capacity expected: 50+. Please note other criteria:
- Spiritually... You are required to know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and should be willing to grow in your faith.
- Physically...Preparation and daily set-up for these huge events entails up to 3-6 hours of work. The festivals are held on many acres of property. The activities and work involved require that each participant be in good physical condition. The walking can add two or more miles per day.
All festival campsites are on location. SWC provides The Navigators with preferred camping sites close to the festival. Everyone needs to bring their own tents and be willing to camp in semi-rustic conditions. (There are showers and toilets.)
EVENT AND REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Spirit West Coast Del Mar
- When: May 21-28, 2012
- Cost: $250. $300 after May 1, 2012
- Contact: Gene and Marilyn Smith at SWCDelMar2012@gmail.com
- NAJune 16-24, 2012
- Cost: NA
- Contact: Bonnie Rosen at SWCMPMonterey@gmail.com
Note to active-duty Military: If needed, we can provide a letter for your command to help in possibly obtaining NO-COST, TAD/TDY orders. For details, contact Capt. Dave Yumen, USNR at the following email address: email@example.com
- Complete the application and forms, and return them as soon as possible to the address noted on the application. Submit your application as early as possible to secure your spot.
- Get ready for what could be the most profound and fulfilling days of your summer!
- Download the 2012 Application Packet
- “Loved it! Spiritual growth in me was amazing!”
- “The program really taught me the value of working hard for the Lord.”
- “I learned leadership skills and teamwork.”
- “I haven't talked to God this much in a long, long time.”
- “I was challenged in character, work ethics, and perseverance.”
- “The first year I came for the music, but the second year I came for the training.”
- “I learned more in one week at the program than in one full year of Bible School.”
SPIRIT WEST COAST (SWC)...
Music Festivals are presented by CHRISTIAN MUSIC TODAY! (a non-profit ministry) and produced by Celebration Concerts. The purpose of the festivals is to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the medium of music. These extravaganzas of music concerts and teaching take place on fairgrounds that are transformed into a performance complex with multiple stages. Several stages are covered by high-tension tents, while others are uncovered, outdoor stages. Additionally, there are prayer tents, sports and recreation areas, food vendors, exhibitors, and a children's activity area full of puppetry and other shows where God's attributes are illustrated. The resulting atmosphere is reminiscent of a country fair.
Thousands of people attend the festival venues daily. SWC brings together a great mix of the body of Christ, from students to working singles to families and their friends. Many of them, including church youth groups, choose to camp on the grounds. They come to hear over 50 of the top Christian artists minister in music by playing their songs and giving testimony to the transforming power of Jesus in their lives. In addition, a variety of gifted speakers and teachers take to the platforms to spiritually challenge and encourage people of all ages. Musicians and speakers provide direct opportunities for people to accept Christ into their life or to deepen their commitment to the Lord. Others may be convicted to abandon a particular sin in their life.
If you plan to attend a Navigator Missions Program at SWC, the Navigator staff will register you with their group. Do not register for the festival through Spirit West Coast.
Please refer your friends to this web page by giving them this shortcut address: www.navigators.org/swc
Learn more about the line-up of confirmed bands, speakers, or other details at the Del Mar and Monterey venues.